This mini fruit pizza recipe features sweet sugar cookies topped with marshmallow cream cheese icing and fresh fruit for a decadent treat!
Mini Fruit Pizza
Heading to a potluck or barbecue and want to “wow” your friends and family? These sweet and easy fruit pizzas are perfection!
Adding marshmallow cream to the frosting enhances the flavor and pairs well with the fruit flavors.
Why You’ll Love Sugar Cookie Pizza
- Perfect for entertaining!
- Sweet and delicious
- Bright, vibrant fruit in every bite
- Easy to make
- Holiday dessert
- Can be customized
- Sugar cookie dough
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
- Marshmallow cream
- Heavy cream
- Fruit of your choice
Step 1: Bake and cool cookies
Bake the cookies according to the packaging directions and let them cool completely.
Step 2: Prepare the frosting
Combine the powdered sugar, whipping cream, cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and marshmallow cream in a stand mixer until smooth and creamy.
Step 3: Frost and add fruit
Chop fruit and ice the cooled cookies with frosting. Add pieces of fruit as desired and serve. Enjoy!
- Add fresh lemon, lime, or orange juice to the frosting for a citrus flavor.
- Mix in some food coloring to the frosting for different themes and color combinations.
- Choose any fruit you like!
- Add 1/2 – 1 teaspoon of almond extract to the icing for a fun flavor!
Can I make fruit pizzas ahead of time?
It’s fine to bake the cookies up to 3 days in advance and you can prepare the frosting 1-3 days in advance.
But please don’t assemble them until right before you are serving.
The fruit naturally has water that releases and because juicy as it sits. This can lead to mushy cookies if they are put together too early.
I also, do not recommend cutting the fruit until right before serving because it will cause the fruit to soften and become extra juicy.
What other kinds of fruit can I add?
- Or anything else you like!]
Fruit Dessert Pizza
- 1 package sugar cookie dough any brand, I like Pillsbury
- 1 stick cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons butter softened
- 1/2 cup marshmallow cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Bake the cookies according to the packaging directions and let them cool completely.
- Combine the powdered sugar, whipping cream, cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and marshmallow cream in a stand mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Chop fruit and ice the cooled cookies with frosting. Add pieces of fruit as desired and serve. Enjoy!