Is there a more versatile food than meatballs? We think not! And we’ve collected a list of the top 25 Insanely Delicious Best Meatball Recipes For All Occasions for you to enjoy. From savory to sweet, this list will have you whipping up batches of these little flavor bombs in no time.
I legit love everything about meatballs, and I am sure I have never met a meatball I didn’t love. Now that I am an adult, I make meatballs frequently. Anyone someone has a new baby or someone has been under the weather; you can almost bet that I will be bringing a pan of delicious meatballs.
⏲️ Cooking Methods
When it comes to cooking meatballs, there are several methods you can use. Each recipe will have its own distinct directions, but I wanted to point out some of the common techniques in case you haven’t prepared homemade meatballs often.
- Baked Meatballs – Many recipes will require you to bake the meatballs. This allows all those yummy juices to stay inside the meatball. Meatballs in the oven are one of my favorite methods.
- Air Fryer Meatballs – Another method that is similar to baking is the air fryer. It’s becoming more common to see people use their air fryer for their best meatball recipe.
- Instant Pot – If you don’t have an Instant Pot yet, it’s time! You can make almost everything in them.
- Skillet – A common method your grandma probably used was cooking the meatballs in a skillet. YUMMY!
- Crockpot or Slow Cooker Meatballs – If you are looking for an easy method without a lot of work, go for a slow cooker meatball recipe.
🍗 Types of Meat
You can make the best meatball recipes with various types of meat. Go wild and prepare them with all your favorites. Don’t’ be afraid to play with the recipes and make adjustments as you see fit.
- Ground Beef
- Ground Turkey
You can stick with one kind of meat per meatball recipe or use a combination of multiple types of meat. Maybe half ground beef and half turkey, for example. Or, go extra wild and opt to make vegetarian meatballs or vegan meatballs.
🌡️ Tips and Tricks
These are the best meatball recipes ever, but for them to turn out properly, there are a few things you need to consider on your end. Easy meatballs do take a little bit of practice to perfect, so I wanted to give you a few tips and tricks to help you out.
Ground Meat Is Key
Whatever kind of meat you use for your meatball appetizers or meal, you need to be using ground meat. Anything else isn’t going to work properly. Whether you purchase the meat at the store already ground or you use a meat grinder at home, that will be fine.
Don’t Overmix The Meatballs
When you overmix the meatballs, you risk having dry and unappealing meatballs. I don’t’ want that for you!! So, for best results, simply mix the meatballs until everything is incorporated. Don’t keep mixing with the thought that it needs to be super mixed!
Make The Meatballs Uniform In Size
It’s important to form the meatballs, so they are all the same size. This allows them to cook more evenly and gives you the best results. I recommend using a cookie scoop or guessing with your hands. I typically scoop them with a cookie scoop then roll them a little bit more with my hands, but that is just now I do it.
💡 Helpful Tools & Supplies
Here are a few of the tools, kitchen gadgets, and supplies that I love to have on hand for all my recipes, including the best meatball recipes! You can certainly use the items you have on hand, but if you are shopping for new, take a peek!
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
🧁 Don’t Forget Dessert
We talked so much about the best meatball recipes, but you NEED to see these desserts too. Take a look and you are bound to drool!
- Incredibly Easy S’mores Cookies
- Strawberry and Blueberry Dump Cake
- Irresistible & Zesty Lemon Cookies
- Decadent Oreo Cheesecake Bars