Ranch Roasted Potatoes are tender, buttery, and tangy. Slow roasted with ranch dressing, they are an easy side dish for any occasion!
Oven roasted ranch potatoes are delicious, tender, and the perfect side to all your favorite meals.
- Petite Red Potatoes
- Dry Ranch Seasoning
- Ranch Dressing
How To Make Ranch Roasted Potatoes
Step 1: Prep the potatoes
Slice the baby potatoes in half and place them in a casserole dish. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
Step 2: Add butter
Melt the butter and add the ranch seasoning. Stir well and pour over the top of the potatoes. Mix until all the potatoes are coated evenly.
Step 3: Roast
Roast in the oven for 35-45 minutes or until you can easily pierce the potatoes with a fork. Stir occasionally. During the last 15 minutes, add the creamy ranch onto the potatoes.
Step 4: Serve
Serve with extra ranch dressing or as is. Enjoy right away!
Tips & Tricks
- Be careful! When adding the cold ranch dressing on top of potatoes, it can break your glass dish. So, warm the ranch dressing in the microwave for 20-30 seconds before adding it, so it’s not cold.
- Add fresh herbs. Sprinkle some fresh parsley, oregano, dill, or chives on top before serving the ranch roasted potatoes.
- Regular potatoes work. If you don’t have petite red potatoes, that’s fine. Use full-size red potatoes and cut them into bite-sized pieces.
Oven Roasted Ranch Potatoes FAQs
Store leftovers in the refrigerator in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
Reheat in the microwave for 1-3 minutes or until hot. Be sure to add extra ranch dressing to moisten them back up. Don’t forget to cover the dish with a paper towel before you reheat it, so you don’t end up with a mess.
Printable Recipe Card
Ranch Roasted Potatoes
- 24 ounces petite red potatoes
- 1 stick butter melted
- 1 packet dry ranch seasoning or homemade seasoning
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing store-bought or homemade
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Cut baby potatoes in half and place in a casserole dish.
- Combine melted butter and dry ranch seasoning. Pour over the potatoes.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until the potatoes are done. Stir occasionally. During the last 15 minutes, pour the additional creamy ranch dressing on top of the potatoes and stir.
- Serve as is or with ranch dressing drizzled on top.
- When adding the creamy ranch to the hot potatoes, if you using a glass casserole dish, it’s best to warm the dressing in the microwave for 20-30 seconds, so it doesn’t break your dish when it touches the hot glass.
- For a burst of flavor, drizzle some fresh lemon juice on the potatoes before serving.
- Full-size potatoes work, just cut them into bite-sized pieces.