Buttermilk Ranch Dressing is incredibly easy to make yourself. Made with basic ingredients you can add this homemade buttermilk ranch dressing to appetizers, veggies, or anything else you like!
Incredibly creamy this is the best recipe for homemade ranch dressing I have tried.
Why You’ll Love This Buttermilk Ranch Dressing Recipe
- Way better than bottled ranch dressings.
- Homemade ranch dip is great for parties, easy dinners, and snacks.
- Made with creamy mayo to give it the perfect texture.
- Perfect way to eat fresh veggies.
- Easy recipe.
Buttermilk Ranch Recipe Ingredients
- Sour Cream
- Dried Dill
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Dried Chives
- Dried Parsley
- Fresh Chives
How To Make Homemade Dressing
Combine the dry herbs, fresh chives, salt, pepper, sour cream, buttermilk, and mayonnaise in a bowl. Whisk until smooth and serve right away or store for later.
Buttermilk Ranch Dressing Tips & Variations
- You can use dried herbs or fresh herbs.
- Add a drizzle or two of freshly squeezed lemon juice for a tangy flavor.
- Mix in some red pepper flakes and a dash of cayenne pepper for some heat.
- You can use one cup mayonnaise if you want a thicker ranch dressing. Or use about 1/2 cup to make a thinner dressing.
- Stir in 1-2 teaspoons of fresh garlic, minced to make a garlic ranch dressing.
- If you don’t have fresh buttermilk, it’s fine to use regular milk, but be sure to add 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice.
Frequently Asked Questions
Store the dressing in a mason jar or another covered container. It will last up to 1 week. Be sure to stir it before serving.
Seriously, you can use this ranch dressing so many ways! Of course, you can eat it on healthy green salads, but it’s also great with carrot sticks, celery, broccoli, and bell peppers too. Don’t forget to slather it on buffalo wings or any other appetizer you like.
More Foods To Serve Homemade Ranch With
Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chives
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1-2 teaspoons fresh chives optional
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and whisk until smooth.