Air Fryer Home Fries are crunchy with tender insides, flavorful, and incredibly simple to make. They come together quickly and taste so much better than frozen fries.
It’s crazy how much better homemade french fries taste than bagged frozen fries. Just me? Well, I can’t seem to get enough of them.
Why You’ll Love Air Fryer Home Fries
- Fast & easy!
- Kid friendly
- You don’t have to fry with hot oil
- Easy cleanup
- Crispy air fryer fries every time
How To Make Home Fries
Step 1: Cut the fries
Begin by cutting the home fries into thin slices. Be sure to cut the strips so they are very similar in size. They will cook much more evenly.
Step 2: Season
Combine 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a small bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of your favorite seasoning. 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Pour the mixture over the fries and toss to coat them evenly.
Step 3: Air Fry French Fries
Place the home fries in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Cook at 375 for 12 minutes. Shake the basket and turn the fries. Cook for an additional 8-10 minutes or until they reach the desired crispiness. Serve and enjoy!
What kinds of sauce go with home fries?
Pretty much anything you like will go with these air fryer french fries! Sprinkle them with some Italian seasonings, garlic powder, onion powder, cajun seasonings, or sprinkle with some fresh herbs and cheese.
What makes a good dipping sauce for air fryer home fries?
We love to mix half ketchup and half mayonnaise, a little bit of pickle juice and sprinkle with crushed black pepper! It’s downright heavenly.
You could also use barbecue sauce, gravy, sweet and sour sauce, ranch dressing, or any other dipping sauce you enjoy. Play around with the sauces until you find your favorites.
Air Fryer Home Fries
- 4 russet potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp seasoning any flavor you like
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Slice potatoes into french fries.
- Mix olive oil, salt, pepper, and seasoingins in a small bowl. Drizzle over fries and toss to coat evenly.
- Cook at 375 for 12 minutes, shake the basket and cook for an additional 8-10 minutes or until they reach desired doneness. Serve and enjoy!
- Cut fries into evenly sized strips. They will cook evenly and taste better.
- Use your favorite seasonings and dipping sauces.