Blackstone Philly Cheesesteak is made with tender grilled onions, peppers, and steak! Topped with cheese and stuffed in a toasted roll, it’s the ultimate party food.
Tender steak cooked with fresh onions and bell peppers make the perfect Philly Cheesesteak Blackstone Griddle recipe! The entire Philly sandwich comes together in a matter of minutes and your stomach will thank you with every bite.
Why You Will Love Cooking Philly Cheesesteak On Blackstone
- You can cook everything quickly
- It’s easy to make a LARGE batch
- Guests will rave about this recipe
- Only 5 ingredients + salt & pepper
- Shredded steak, your choice
- Fresh Onions
- Fresh Bell Peppers
- Bread or rolls of your choice
- Salt & Pepper
Please see the printable recipe card below on how to make philly cheesesteak on the Blackstone Griddle.
- Thinly slice steak. The steak needs to be super thinly cut to get the ultimate results! Plus, it will cook more evenly. You can buy it pre-shaved as well.
- Freeze steak before cutting. For best results, put the steak in the freezer for 30 minutes – 1 hour before slicing. This will make it much easier to cut.
- Any cheese works. I went with traditional Cheez-Whiz, but you could also use provolone, mozzarella, or anything else you like.
- Use your favorite bread. We went with a long dinner roll bread, but you could use hotdog buns or hoagies too.
What kind of meat is used for Philly cheesesteak?
Traditionally, Ribeye is the steak of choice for Blackstone Philly Cheesesteak. You could use other cuts of steak as well, such as flank steak. The key is slicing thin and against the grain for tender steak.
Does Mayo go on a Philly cheesesteak?
Yes, many people put Mayo on their cheesesteaks. Nothing wrong with that at all! I chose not to include it in mine, but you are certainly welcome to add it.
Many people also add peppers, mushrooms, fresh herbs, and even ketchup. So, feel free to add anything you enjoy.
- Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Air Fryer Reuben Sandwich
- Turkey Sliders with Bacon & Cheese
- Blackstone Tex Mex Chicken & Lime Cauliflower Rice
Blackstone Philly Cheesesteak
- 1 pound sliced steak
- 1 medium onion
- 1 bell pepper any color
- 1/2 cup cheez whiz or slices of favorite cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 rolls
- Turn on Blackstone grill to high heat. Add butter to griddle until melted.
- Add peppers and onions to grill and stir frequently. When almost done cooking begin cooking steak and buttered bread.
- Once steak is done cooking, mix with vegetables and top with cheese.
- Add to toasted bread and serve hot. Enjoy!