These homemade real fruit popsicles are sweet, refreshing, and the perfect cool summer treat. Made with fresh fruit, juice, and can easily be customized.
Sit back, kick your feet up and enjoy a refreshing whole fruit popsicle! They are the perfect dessert or snack idea.
Why You’ll Love Real Fruit Popsicles
- Works with any fruit you like
- Kids will devour them
- Adults will devour them
- Easy to prep
- Only 2 ingredients
How To Make Fresh Fruit Popsicles
Step 1: Prepare the fruit
Chop up the fruit into bite-sized pieces. Add the fruit to the popsicle mold.
Step 2: Add juice
Pour in the fruit juice. Don’t pour it to the top. Be sure to leave some space because the juice will expand as it freezes.
- Read manufacturer’s notes on the popsicle mold. Follow those directions for removing the fruit popsicles.
- You can use frozen fruit. Feel free to swap fresh fruit with frozen. It works just as well and tastes great.
- Make boozy popsicles. Swap 1/2 cup of the fruit juice for vodka or your favorite rum. You can’t add a lot of alcohol or they won’t freeze properly.
- Go for creamy. You can swap 1 cup of the fruit juice for half and half, yogurt, heavy cream, or condensed milk. The homemade fruit popsicles will be super creamy.
What kind of fruit should I use?
Really, any fruit you like will work. I recommend strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, pineapple, peaches, kiwi, mango, and melons. But play around with them to see what you like the best.
Do I have to use clear juice?
No, it’s not required to use clear juice, but it does allow the fruit to show and looks gorgeous. Make these popsicles fruit pops with any juice you like.
How long do homemade popsicles last?
They will last up to 3 months in the freezer. I recommend removing them from the mold within a couple of days of making them, then store in freezer bags or another airtight container.
Homemade Real Fruit Popsicles
- 2 cups fruit chopped, any variety
- 3 cups white grape juice or your favorite clear juice
- Divide chopped fruit and place in the popsicle mold.
- Pour white grape juice into the popsicle mold.
- Freeze for 5 a minimum of 5 hours.
- Remove the popsicles from the mold and enjoy!