When you sink your teeth into Juicy Air Fryer Lobster Tails you are going to be in food heaven. So succulent, buttery, and easy to make!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
I am a huge seafood lover and I couldn’t wait to get my hands on some air fryer lobster tails. You guys…it turned out perfectly. Seriously, they can be prepared and cooked in less than 15 minutes. What’s better than that?
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Super easy!
- Fresh or Frozen lobster works
- It’s drizzled in a garlic butter that tastes amazing.
- Fast Prep Work
- Easy cleanup
- It’s fancy enough to serve to friends.
- Can be made on busy weeknights.
- You don’t have to heat your house or turn on the grill!
- Tender & Juicy
- Thawed Lobster Tails
- Melted Butter
- Salt & Pepper
- Lemon Juice
Please see the printable recipe card below to view how to make lobster tails in the air fryer in more detailed directions.
Step 1: Butterfly the lobster tails.
Step 2: Prepare the garlic butter.
Step 3: Cook in the air fryer.
Step 4: Baste and finish cooking.
Step 5: Serve and devour!
- Use kitchen sears – They are much easier to work with than a knife and cut quickly.
- Clean – If you are using fresh lobster tails, be sure to clean and devein before cooking.
- Thaw – When using frozen lobster tails, it’s vital that you thaw them first. Otherwise, they won’t cook evenly and will take a long time. Plus, the lobster meat will be tough.
- Season – Feel free to add your favorite seasonings and spices. Cajun and Italian seasonings are both great options.
Place cooled lobster in an airtight container and place in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Warm at 370 degrees for 2-5 minutes in your air fryer. Be sure to add more garlic butter to keep the meat moist.
Serve with melted garlic butter and top with some fresh parsley or oregeno. Drizzle with some fresh lemon juice.
🧄 Recipe FAQs
Yep! They are filled with magnesium, omega-3 fatty acids, protein, and selenium. Plus, they are low calorie and a great source of vitamin E as well.
Yes, you will need to clean and devein the lobster before you begin cooking it.
The meat shouldn’t be gray or seem discolored. Look for lobster tails that are at least 6 ounces and not bigger than 12 ounces. Fresh or frozen works fine.
Air fryer lobster tails need to be basted with garlic butter (or at least butter) halfway through.
Also, keep a close watch on the internal temperure. They need to be 140 degrees before serving. Don’t overcook or they will become rubbery.
For best results, place in the fridge for 24 hours. If you are in a hurry, you can place the lobster in a ziplock bag and run under cool running water. The bag will prevent the meat from becoming too wet.
- Blackstone Griddle Steak Street Tacos
- Easy Corn Fritters with Bacon, Jalapenos & Cheddar
- Homemade Cucumber Salsa
- Air Fryer Reuben Sandwich
- Ultimate Chicken Club Wrap
If you tried this recipe or any other, please leave us 5 Stars in the recipe card below. Show us some love and stay connected by joining my newsletter below. Check us out on Facebook or join my Facebook Group for fun giveaways. Also, be sure to follow me on Pinterest too!
Air Fryer Lobster Tails
- 2 lobster tails thawed or fresh
- 3 tbsp butter melted
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1-2 tsp lemon juice fresh
- Butterfly the lobster tails. Take kitchen shears and cut the lobster tails in the center. Gently pull on the meat upward.
- Combine the melted butter, minced garlic, salt, pepper, and parsley in a bowl. Using a basting brush, add garlic butter to each of the lobster tails.
- Air fry for 5-8 minutes at 370 degrees or until the lobster is opaque. Add more melted butter and a drizzle of lemon juice. Serve and enjoy!