This Orange Creamsicle Shake is creamy, smooth, and the perfect Orange Julius Copycat recipe! Made with frozen orange juice, ice cream, whole milk, and a touch of vanilla, it’s the perfect orange cream shake.
If you ever find yourself craving a creamy orange shake, this is the recipe you have been waiting for! The classic flavor combo is going to take you back to your teenage years when you were in the mall and grabbed an Orange Julius!
Why You’ll Love This Orange Creamsicle Shake
- Lots of yummy orange flavor
- Simple ingredients
- Adult approved
- Kids love them
- Great dessert for entertaining
Ingredients Needed For An Orange Milkshake
- Ice Cream
- Orange Juice Concentrate
- Vanilla Extract
- Milk or Heavy Cream
How To Make An Orange Julius Copycat
Step 1: Add ingredients to blender
Place ice cream in the blender. Pour in milk, orange juice concentrate, and vanilla.
Step 2: Blend
Blend until creamy, and there aren’t any lumps. Pour into a glass and garnish with some whipped cream and an orange slice. Enjoy!
- Tropical Twist:
- Use pineapple juice or a blend of pineapple and orange juice for a more tropical flavor.
- Add a ripe banana for extra creaminess and a hint of banana flavor.
- Citrus Medley:
- Combine orange juice with other citrus juices like grapefruit, lemon, and lime for a tangy, citrus-packed smoothie.
- Creamsicle Float:
- Instead of blending, scoop the ice cream into a glass and pour the mixed juices over it for a classic creamsicle float.
- Healthy Spin:
- Substitute Greek yogurt for ice cream for a healthier, protein-rich version.
- Add a handful of spinach or kale for added nutrients without altering the taste significantly.
- Spiced Orange Smoothie:
- Add a pinch of cinnamon or a dash of nutmeg for a spiced twist.
- Top with a sprinkle of cinnamon or grated orange zest for extra flavor.
Tips & Tricks
- Use Fresh Ingredients: Whenever possible, use fresh oranges and squeeze your own orange juice. It will taste fresher and more vibrant.
- Adjust Sweetness: Taste the smoothie before pouring and adjust the sweetness by adding a bit of honey, agave syrup, or maple syrup if needed.
- Ice Variation: For an even colder and thicker smoothie, use crushed ice or freeze the orange juice into ice cubes before blending.
- Dairy Options: You can use milk or cream, but consider using alternatives like almond milk, coconut milk, or oat milk for a different flavor profile.
- Add Texture: For added texture and crunch, throw in a handful of crushed graham crackers or granola and blend briefly.
- Protein Boost: Incorporate a scoop of your favorite protein powder to make this smoothie a more substantial meal replacement.
- Zesty Garnish: Garnish with a twist of orange or lime zest for an extra burst of citrus aroma.
- Serve Chilled: Make sure your ingredients are well-chilled before blending. You can also chill the glasses in the freezer for an extra frosty presentation.
- Experiment: Feel free to experiment with other ingredients like a splash of vanilla-flavored vodka or rum for an adult version.
- Customize Serving Glasses: Try serving the smoothie in chilled mason jars or glasses with colorful straws for a fun and summery presentation.
Frequently Asked Questions
More Delicious Desserts
- Easy Peach Cobbler with Cake Mix
- Edible Brownie Batter Dough
- Air Fryer Smore Recipe
- Brown Butter Pecan Cookies
Orange Creamsicle Shake (Orange Julius Copycat)
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1 can orange juice concentrate frozen
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk or heavy cream
- Place ice cream in the blender. Pour in milk, orange juice concentrate, and vanilla.
- Blend until creamy, and there aren’t any lumps. Pour into a glass and garnish with some whipped cream and an orange slice. Enjoy!