Sweet and Spicy Shrimp has bold, delicious flavors that are irresistible. Juicy shrimp served with roasted veggies or on a bed of fluffy rice, is the perfect meal for busy evenings. Comes together in just 10 minutes!
This spicy jumbo shrimp recipe is bound to leave you drooling! It’s got just enough heat to draw you in and the perfect amount of sweetness too.
If you are addicted to all things seafood, don’t forget to make my Air Fryer Lobster Tail too. Or if you are in the mood for something different, this Smash Burger will have you hooked. Don’t skip my Fried Coconut Shrimp either!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Spicy shrimp in just 10 minutes!
- Great combination of sweet and spicy flavors
- Can be added to your favorite Shrimp Taco Recipe
- Easy to add variations
- Fantastic for entertaining
- Transform it to a spicy shrimp pasta by adding your favorite pasta!
Spicy Garlic Shrimp Ingredients
- Smoked Paprika
- Onion Powder
- Ground Cumin
- Garlic Powder
- Chili Powder
- Brown Sugar
- Salt & Pepper
- Maple Syrup or Honey
- Minced Garlic
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Lemon or Lime Juice
Skillet Shrimp Directions
Please see the printable recipe card below to view the full directions for how to make sweet and spicy shrimp.
Can I Grill Sweet and Spicy Shrimp?
Yes, it’s fine to grill shrimp! Place on a hot grill for 2-3 minutes on each side or until it’s cooked all the way through. Gas or charcoal grills will both work and will cook at different speeds.
Another option is to make Blackstone Griddle Shrimp! Turn the griddle to medium-high heat and add oil or butter. Then add the shrimp to the hot griddle and cook until done. It cooks very quickly, so be careful not to overcook.
What Kind of Skillet Do I Need?
Any non-stick skillet will work when making shrimp. I prefer a cast-iron skillet, but you could use anything you have on hand. Just take special care not to overcook the shrimp no matter what kind of pan you are using.
What Makes This Shrimp Sweet?
You end up with sweet shrimp when you add maple syrup or honey. It’s the perfect mixture of sweetness along with the spiciness of the chili powder and red pepper flakes.
You could also use agave or any of your favorite sweeteners as well. The flavor is going to change if you adjust the ingredients, so always keep that in mind.
How Do I Serve Spicy Sweet Shrimp?
Serve with rice, cauliflower rice, roasted vegetables, make shrimp tacos, turn it into shrimp fajitas or eat it by itself. It’s also really good as a shrimp bowl or on a salad. Play around with how you serve it to get a variety of combinations and flavors.
- 1 lbs. Shrimp
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Smoked Paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Chili Powder
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 3 tablespoons Maple Syrup or Honey
- 1-2 tablespoons Minced Garlic
- Sprinkle Red Pepper Flakes
- Lemon or Lime Juice
- Dry the shrimp with a paper towel.
- Combine seasonings in a small bowl and coat both sides of shrimp.
- Add butter to the hot skillet. Add spicy shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until it's pink and done.
- Combine lemon juice and maple syrup or honey in a bowl. Drizzle over shrimp and mix well. Cook for 1 minute or until the sauce has caramelized.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Stone Coated Nonstick Frying Pan with Lid - 12 Inch Frying Pans Nonstick Pan with Lid Skillets Nonstick with Lids Non Stick Pan Cooking Pan Fry Pan Skillet with Lid Large Frying Pan Non Sticking Pan
Lodge Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet with Hot Handle Holder - 12 inch Cast Iron Frying Pan with Silicone Hot Handle Holder (BLACK)