Mango Habanero Salsa is sweet and spicy! Juicy chunks of fresh mango, habanero peppers, red onions, and drizzled with fresh lime juice.
Habanero mango salsa will awaken your taste buds and add an abundance of flavor to all your favorite dishes. You can eat it plain with chips or on top of some salmon or chicken for a complete meal.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Made with fresh ingredients
- Tastes delicious
- Perfect for entertaining
- Easy to customize
- Takes about 10 minutes prep
- Habanero Peppers
- Red Onions
- Lime Juice
- Tajin seasoning
Step 1: Cut up the mango, peppers, onions, and cilantro.
Step 2: Place all of the ingredients in a bowl and stir.
Step 3: Serve and enjoy!
- Make even cuts. When you are dicing mango, and onions, be sure to dice evenly. The more uniform cuts will make it easier to eat.
- Use a food processor. When handling habanero peppers, be careful! They are hot and can burn you. It’s best to chop them in a food processor, so the oil doesn’t’ get all over your hands.
- Pump up the heat! For added heat, add in more habanero peppers or some red pepper flakes.
- Make ahead of time. If you are meal prepping, the mango salsa can be prepared up to 5 days in advance. Store in a sealed glass container for best results.
- Pineapple is great too! Dice up some fresh pineapple and add to the mango salsa. It’s sweet and gives the perfect citrusy burst of flavor.
Serve on top of fish tacos, salmon, grilled chicken, along steak, or eat it as a stand alone dip with tortillas. This mango habanero salsa recipe pairs well with any Mexican flavored dish! Go wild!
No, to get the most out of this mango salsa, you really need fresh fruit. Frozen is better for smoothies or other dishes that it doesn’t matter if it gets a little soggy.
Yep! Fresh pineapple, peaches, and strawberries are all great options. The sweetness of the fruit with pair well with the spicy peppers and onions.
Nope, you can swap it for fresh lemon or orange juice. Both taste a little different, so it will affect the results of the salsa, but will still be pretty tasty.
Mango Habanero Salsa
- 2 mango
- 2 habanero peppers
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/3 cup cilantro fresh
- 1 1/2 tablespoon lime juice fresh
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Tajin Chile Lime Seasoning or more to taste
- Dice the onions, peppers, and mango.2 mango, 2 habanero peppers, 1/2 red onion
- Combine onions, peppers, mango, lime juice, cilantro and seasonings in a bowl. Fold until mixed.2 mango, 2 habanero peppers, 1/2 red onion, 1/3 cup cilantro, 1 1/2 tablespoon lime juice, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper, 1/2 tsp Tajin Chile Lime Seasoning
- Serve and enjoy!