You can’t resist devouring every drop of this healthy guacamole recipe! Made with fresh and delicious ingredients, it will keep you coming back for more. Add it to tacos, salads, or eat in on toast!
I don’t think it gets much better than fresh guacamole! The creamy flavor of the avocados, paired with seasonings and chunky tomatoes is mind-blowing good!
It doesn’t matter how you eat it because it’s incredible all the same! Add it to your Blackstone Chicken Fajitas, on top of Taco Soup, or with Shrimp Fajitas. Or sit around with a heaping bowl of your favorite tortilla chips.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It tastes so darn good
- You can make it spicy or mild
- Add or omit ingredients to customize
- Comes together in mere minutes
- Everyone loves how darn good it tastes
- Red Onion
- Cilantro or Parsley
- Lime Juice
- Lemon Juice
- Taco Seasoning
- Cayenne Pepper
Please see the printable recipe card below to view the full directions for how to make guacamole.
- Use cilantro, parsley or even oregano for the fresh herbs. They all add a new flavor element to this healthy guacamole recipe.
- Out of red onions? No problem, swap them for white or yellow onions for a sweeter result.
- To turn up the heat add some fresh jalapenos to this fresh guacamole.
How do you keep guacamole from turning brown?
Adding lemon or lime juice will help prevent the guac from turning brown. Another option is to add a very very thin layer of sour cream on top. Make sure to cover all of the guac. Then when you are ready to serve either mix the sour cream in and give it a good stir, or carefully remove the layer.
Does tomato belong in guacamole?
This is a preference thing and while I love adding tomatoes, you can certainly omit them completely. The choice is yours. The purpose of the tomatoes is to add a little bit of acid and flavor.
Can you freeze homemade guacamole?
Yep! Store it in an airtight bag or container and it will last for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge before serving.
What do you serve with this healthy guacamole recipe?
- Eat it with tortilla chips
- Serve with Fritos
- Add to tacos
- Put on top of burritos
- Make awesome nachos
- Smother toast with homemade guacamole
- Eat with some fresh veggies
Healthy Guacamole Recipe
- 3 avocados fresh
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 1 medium tomato
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pinch cayenne pepper
- Cut the avocados in half, then remove the pit. Scoop the flesh out and place in a medium sized bowl.
- Mince the fresh herbs, chop the onion, and dice the tomato.
- Smash the avocado until mostly smooth, but a few small chunks remain.
- Add the other ingredients to the avocado and combine.
- Serve with tacos, burritos, or chips and guac! Enjoy!