This honey biscuits recipe is fast and easy to make! They are buttery, slightly sweet and just like Grandma used to make. Try these classic buttermilk biscuits with honey today.
It doesn’t get much more comforting than buttery biscuits if you ask me. I love to serve them with soup, like my Panera Chicken Noodle Soup. We also make them as an easy breakfast and enjoy them with a drizzle of honey or dollup of jelly.
What sets these biscuits apart from other recipes is they are topped with a homemade honey butter glaze that is going to rock your world….seriously!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- They only take about 15 minutes to prep and 12 minutes to bake
- Buttery and sweet
- Easy enough for a beginner
- Great for holidays or weeknight dinner
- Less than 10 ingredients
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Cream Cheese
Please see the printable recipe card below to view the full directions for how to make buttermilk biscuits.
- Don’t worry if the dough seems crumbly when you first get started. This is normal, just keep kneading. That will bring the dough together.
- Be sure not to knead too much or the biscuits will become dense.
- The glaze is also delicious when you refrigerate it and spread it on the honey biscuits while it’s cold.
What do I do if I don’t have buttermilk?
You can swap buttermilk for whole milk or use half and half. The flavor and texture is going to vary slightly if you don’t use buttermilk.
How do you make buttermilk?
Combine one cup of milk or half and half. Then mix in 1 teaspoon of white vinegar or lemon juice. Let the mixture set for 10 minutes then it’s ready to use.
Can you store biscuits for later?
The honey biscuits can be kept at room temperature for 1-2 days. Be sure to keep them air tight so they don’t become dry.
How do you warm up biscuits?
Place on a microwave safe plate and heat up for 10-15 seconds. Or place in the oven at 350 degrees for 5-8 minutes or until they are warm.
- Garlic Parmesan Pull Apart Bread
- Homemade French Bread
- Apple Pie Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread
- Instant Pot Bread
- Honey Biscuits
- - 2 3/4 Cups Flour
- - 1/2 tsp baking soda
- - 1 tbsp baking powder
- - dash of salt
- - 4 ounces cream cheese, cold
- - 4 tbsp butter, cold
- Honey Butter Glaze
- - 1 1/2 sticks Butter
- - 1/4 cup honey
- Turn on the oven to 450 degrees.
- Add parchment paper to a baking sheet.
- Combine the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Cut in the cold butter and cream cheese using a pastry blender or two forks. Mix until there are pea sized chunks.
- Pour in the buttermilk and stir gently until combined. The dough is going to seem dry and crumbly at this point.
- Place the biscuit dough on the counter and knead it until in a ball. Roll out to 3/4 inch thick. Cut 8 biscuits.
- Bake the biscuits for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
- Combine the butter and honey in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir frequently until the butter is melted.
- Brush the biscuits with honey butter glaze as soon as they come out of the oven.
- Serve with extra honey butter glaze and enjoy!
Biscuits last 1-2 days at room temperature. Store airtight.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Rachael Ray Bakeware Nonstick Cookie Pan Set, 3-Piece, Gray with Agave Blue Grips
Spring Chef Dough Blender, Top Professional Pastry Cutter with Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Blades, Medium Size
HULISEN Biscuit Cutter Set (5 Pieces/ Set), Round Cookies Cutter with Handle, Professional Baking Dough Tools (Round)