Cheesy Taco Skillet with Rice is comforting, flavorful, and incredibly easy. Transform your weeknights with this easy dinner filled with sweet corn, hearty black beans, ground beef, taco seasoning, rice, and lots of gooey shredded cheese.
This beefy taco skillet is just what you need in your life! No long hours are spent over the stove cooking it and even your picky eaters will devour it. We like to transform our taco Tuesday every once in a while to something a little bit different. This is where this Mexican taco skillet swoops in and saves the day.
We are always on the hunt for new and delicious easy weeknight meals. If you are doing the same, be sure to try my Baked Cheese Ravioli Casserole, Homemade Hamburger Helper, Taco Ring, and Blackstone Philly Cheesesteaks.
Why You Will Love This Cheesy Taco Skillet
- Less than 30 minutes!
- Topped with cheddar cheese
- Family favorite
- One-pan meal
- Uses minute rice, so it’s fast
- Delicious dinner
- Lots of taco flavor
- Ground Beef
- Minute Rice
- Chicken Broth
- Shredded Cheese
- Black Beans
- Sweet Corn Kernels
- Taco Seasoning
- Salt & Pepper
How To Make Cheesy Taco Skillet
Step 1: Cook ground beef
Brown ground beef in a skillet over medium heat until it’s cooked all the way through.
Step 2: Add additional ingredients
Mix in the corn, black beans, rice, taco seasoning, chicken broth, and salt & pepper. Stir well and cover for 10 – 12 minutes or until the rice is tender. Sprinkle with shredded cheese, serve with some tortilla chips or eat it by itself and enjoy!
- Don’t forget to add extra taco toppings like sour cream, salsa, cilantro, and anything else you like.
- Stick with using quick-cooking rice because it cooks faster. Or you can make a separate batch of rice and skip adding the chicken broth. Another option would be to use up leftover rice.
- Top with a drizzle of lime juice for a fun twist of flavor.
- Try to always shred your own cheese. When you taste this delicious meal with cheese you shred you’ll understand why! It tastes way better and packaged cheese doesn’t melt properly.
- This ground beef recipe tastes great with tortilla chips but you could also stuff it in taco shells or eat it by itself.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yep! We love the flavors with hearty beef, but you can certainly use chicken, ground turkey or even ground pork. To save time, you could even use a rotisserie chicken too!
This is the time to go wild! Consider adding diced tomatoes, green chilies, pinto beans, dollop of sour cream, green bell peppers, jalapeno peppers, pico de gallo, or anything else you like.
After the taco skillet with rice cools, place it in a sealed food container. Place in the fridge for up to three days. Heat over the stove using medium heat or microwave until hot.
Cheesy Taco Skillet with Rice
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can sweet corn
- 1 can black beans
- 1 packet taco seasoning or 1/4 cup of homemade seasoning
- 2 cups minute rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Brown ground beef in a skillet over medium heat until it’s cooked all the way through.
- Mix in the corn, black beans, rice, taco seasoning, chicken broth, and salt & pepper. Stir well and cover for 10 – 12 minutes or until the rice is tender and chicken broth has been mostly absorbed. Sprinkle with shredded cheese, serve with some tortilla chips or eat it by itself and enjoy!