Valentine’s Day will be here before we know it! I am a huge fan of making cute treats for Valentine’s for the entire family. This Easy Valentine’s Heart-Shaped Pizza recipe is going to make your kids and spouse happy!
They will be so thrilled to dig into their yummy heart pizza, you won’t even have to argue with them to eat their dinner. Ahhh…finally!
How To Make Heart-Shaped Pizza
Not going to lie, I’m a total sucker for anything holiday-themed. I don’t care what the holiday is, I just love cute food. That is why I’m drawn to this Valentine’s Pizza. Take a look at how to make this easy pizza recipe.
First Step: Preheat the oven following the instructions on the premade pizza dough packaging.
Second Step: Take several pieces of pepperoni and cut it with a small heart-shaped cookie cutter.
Third Step: Roll out the pizza dough and begin cutting large hearts with the heart-shaped cookie cutter. Take leftover dough and form it into a ball then roll it out with a rolling pin until it’s flat. Then cut more hearts until you run out of pizza dough.
Fourth Step: Grease a baking sheet, then add the heart-shaped pizzas to the sheet. Use pizza sauce and put some on each pizza crust. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and add on pepperoni slices.
Fifth Step: Bake the pizza valentine’s according to the crust instructions. The pizza dough I use usually takes 10-12 minutes. Then serve warm and enjoy!
Heart Pizza Variations
As with most of my recipes, there are always variations you can try that will fit your desires! Don’t be afraid to change some things to make this pizza heart exactly what you want! Take a look at these alternative pizza ingredients that you will love.
- Cheese – You don’t have to stick to plain mozzarella cheese. You can make these mini Valentine’s pizzas as gourmet as you wish. Try provolone, cheddar, parmesan, romano, or anything else you like.
- Homemade Pizza Dough – Sometimes I opt for a premade pizza dough because it’s so fast and I don’t have to put in a ton of effort. Feel free to use your favorite homemade dough recipe instead!
- Toppings – Add your favorite toppings instead of the only pepperoni. Sausage, hamburger, olives, onions, peppers, mushrooms, or anything you traditionally put on pizza would be wonderful.
- Pizza Stone – Bake these heart-shaped pizzas on a pizza stone for even more flavor. Cook them until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
The options to make these heart-shaped pizzas are truly endless. You can go as wild as you wish! I love the variety and get tired of the same things, so I like to change it up every once in a while.
Can I Make Pizza On The Grill?
Yes, you can absolutely make this easy pizza recipe on the grill. I find the best way to that is by brushing a small amount of olive oil on one side of the crust.
Then put the heart-shaped crusts on the grill and cook for 1-3 minutes. Then add some more olive oil to the other side of the dough and flip it with a spatula.
Cook for 1-2 additional minutes, then add all your favorite pizza toppings. Continue grilling until it’s hot and the crust is done.
What Are The Best Pizza Toppings?
As I mentioned earlier, there are tons of topping ideas out there. These are some of my favorites for homemade pizza.
- Chicken – Cook, dice, and add some shredded chicken to the homemade pizza.
- Hamburger – Brown up some hamburger and sprinkle it on your pizzas.
- Onions – I like to grill the onions ahead of time, but you can also sprinkle fresh ones on.
- Olives – Add some pizzazz to your pizza with black olives!
- Peppers – Dice up your favorite peppers. I personally love red peppers because they are sweeter.
- Sausage – Use an Italian style sausage if possible.
- Mushrooms – Can you even call it a pizza without mushrooms?
- Alfredo sauce – You can skip the traditional tomato sauce and go with something different like alfredo sauce.
- Spinach – Give yourself a little added nutrients.
- Barbecue Sauce – I love barbecue chicken pizza! Use any of your favorite barbecue sauce for a treat.
- Ham – Cooked ham is amazing on pizza or by itself!
- Pineapple – This is great if you love to add a little sweetness.
- Tomatoes – Use any kind of tomatoes you like, but I prefer sliced cherry tomatoes.
How Do You Store Leftover Valentine’s Pizza?
Wrap the pizzas up in tin foil and place them in a storage container or plastic bag. They will last in the fridge around 2-3 days.
When you want to serve the pizzas warm them up in the oven for around 10-15 minutes at 375 degrees.
Can You Freeze Pizza?
Yes, you can absolutely freeze pizza! For best results, wrap up each pizza individually with plastic wrap. Then place the pizzas in a freezer bag for up to 2 months.
Thaw the mini pizzas in the refrigerator until they are soft. Then bake in the oven or warm up in the microwave if you are in a hurry.
What Products Do I Need For These Valentine’s Pizzas?
You probably have all of these things around your home, but I thought I would include them in case you don’t. Take a look:
Check out these blog posts too.
If you are on the hunt for more tasty recipes, check these out.
- Valentine’s Day Cookie Mix Bars – These are so soft and chewy!
- 65 Best Easy Instant Pot Recipes – There is so much variety and flavor in this list.
- Skinny Strawberry Shortcake Bites – Indulge with these yummy treats! They are vegan and gluten-free too.
- Last-Minute DIY Valentine’s Day Gifts – These easy gifts will bring a smile to everyone’s face.
- Premade pizza dough or homemade pizza dough recipe of your choice
- Pizza sauce - homemade or jar
- 2 Cups mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 12 slices of pepperoni
- Large Heart Cookie Cutter
- Small Heart Cookie Cutter
1. Preheat the oven following the instructions on the premade pizza dough packaging.
2. Take several pieces of pepperoni and cut it with a small heart-shaped cookie cutter.
3. Roll out the pizza dough and begin cutting large hearts with the heart-shaped cookie cutter. Take leftover dough and form it into a ball then roll it out with a rolling pin until it's flat. Then cut more hearts until you run out of pizza dough.
4. Grease a baking sheet, then add the heart-shaped pizzas to the sheet. Use pizza sauce and put some on each pizza crust. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and add on pepperoni slices.
5. Bake the pizza valentine's according to the crust instructions. The pizza dough I use usually takes 10-12 minutes. Then serve warm and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 322Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 602mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 16g