With everything going on in the world today, we may not be able to go to state fairs like normal! That’s okay! Learn how to make Deep-Fried Oreos at home and you will forget all about going to your local carnival this year!
Easy Deep Fried Oreos Recipe
You guys! You aren’t going to believe how quick and easy these fried oreos are to make. I used to think that making anything fried was going to be a disaster, so I pretty much steered clear. As I got older, I started to figure out that all my fears were in my imagination!
I know air fried food is all the rage, and I make plenty myself. But once in a while, I want to have something that has been deep fried in oil. Once you taste these fried Oreo’s you will understand that there isn’t a non-fried substitute! They are chocolaty, have a perfectly fried breading and are topped with a homemade chocolate dipping sauce that’s out of this world.
The real secret to the fried oreo batter is that I used pancake mix. Pancake mix is naturally sweet and gives the perfect texture and flavor with the cookies. It fries up golden brown and is truly fantastic.
Looking For More Delicious Recipes?
Check out some of these yummy recipes that I think you are going to love.
- Cheesy Ham & Spinach Quiche
- Edible Chocolate Bowls
- Homemade Sausage Breakfast Pizza
- Hazelnut Chocolate Tart
How To Make Fried Oreos
These fried Oreo’s are so easy to make and are the perfect treat for all your special occasions. Your home will have a drool worthy aroma as the cook in the hot oil!
First Step: Add the vegetable oil to a frying pan, deep fryer, or skillet. The oil should be heated to 375 degrees F.
Second Step: Prepare the fried oreo batter by combining the pancake mix, sugar, vanilla extract, egg, and milk together. Blend the pancake batter with a whisk until it’s combined.
Third Step: Dip the Oreo cookies into the fried oreo batter. Place the coated cookies in the hot oil and heat for 1 minute, then flip. They will cook fast so watch them constantly.
When the fried Oreos are golden brown they are done and can be removed from heat. Let them sit on a paper towel-lined plate for 10 minutes. Then sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Fourth Step: While the fried Oreos are cooling, prepare the chocolate dipping sauce. Warm the heavy cream in a microwave-safe glass bowl for 30 seconds. Stir and check to see if it’s warm. If still cool, heat for another 30 seconds.
Once hot, add in the chocolate chips to the bowl and let them sit for 3-5 minutes. Stir the chocolate and they will melt. Drizzle on Oreos or dip the fried cookies in the chocolate sauce.
How To Add Powdered Sugar To The Oreos
I use a flour sifter to add the powdered sugar to the Oreo’s. I find that it evenly coats the Oreos and looks super pretty too.
It’s important to note that you don’t’ want to add the confectioner’s sugar while the deep fried Oreos are still hot. Otherwise, it will pretty much disintegrate and you won’t be able to see it. Let them cool for a few minutes then sprinkle away.
If you don’t have a flour sifter you could always use a spoon and sprinkle it on that way.
How To Store Leftover Fried Oreos
It’s shocking whenever you do end up with leftover fried Oreos, but don’t worry you don’t have to throw them out. I love eating them leftover because they taste like really amazing chocolate pancakes the next day.
Store the leftover Oreo’s in an airtight container and keep them in the refrigerator. Then when you are ready to eat them, simply microwave for 20-30 seconds.
They heat up super FAST! So, keep a close watch. Then eat them with a fork and enjoy.
Supplies You May Want To Have
I used a simple old frying pan to fry the cookies. You can do the same and it’s easy peasy. I wanted to share a few things that I think you might like as well.
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
- 12 Oreos
- 3/4 cup pancake mix
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 egg
- powdered sugar (optional)
- vegetable oil
- For Chocolate Dipping Sauce:
- 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips or chopped candy bars
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Pour vegetable oil in a frying pan or skillet. Heat the oil to 375 degrees F.
- Mix together the fried oreo batter by combining the milk, egg, pancake mix, sugar, and vanilla together. Blend with a whisk until combined.
- Take the Oreo cookies and dip them into the fried oreo batter. Place the coated cookies in the hot oil and heat for 1 minute, then flip.
- When the fried Oreos are golden brown they are done and can be removed from the oil. Let them sit on a paper towel-lined plate for 10 minutes. Then sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- While the fried Oreos are cooling, prepare the chocolate dipping sauce.
- Warm the heavy cream in a microwave-safe glass bowl for 30 seconds. Stir and check to see if it's warm. If still cool, heat for another 30 seconds. Once hot, add in the chocolate chips to the bowl and let them sit for 3-5 minutes. Stir the chocolate and they will melt. Drizzle on Oreos or dip the fried cookies in the chocolate sauce.
The powdered sugar is optional and can be omitted with this deep-fried Oreos recipe.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 247Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 169mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 1gSugar: 24gProtein: 3g