This Tandoori Chicken Kebab recipe is a fun dish that can be cooked right in your air fryer. Made with a homemade tandoori marinade and is a delicious meal for any occasion.
These Indian chicken skewers will have you moaning in delight with an explosion of flavors with each bite. Even your kids will eat this easy and delicious chicken dish.
I serve a lot of chicken because it’s packed with protein, tastes good, and you can do so much with it. Be sure to try my Blackstone Chicken Fajitas, Blackstone Griddle Loaded Chicken, Creamy Tuscan Chicken Alfredo, and Air Fryer BBQ Chicken.
Why You’ll Love This Tandoori Chicken Kebab Recipe
- Easy prep work
- Tender chicken kebabs
- Budget friendly
- Fancy enough for entertaining
- Whole family will love it
Ingredients Needed For Tandoori Chicken Skewers
- Chicken thighs
- Plain yogurt, Greek
- Minced garlic
- Lemon juice or lime juice
- Black Pepper
- Ginger Paste
- Chili Powder
How To Make Tandoori Chicken Skewers
Step 1: Prepare marinade
Combine yogurt, chicken pieces, spices, minced garlic cloves, and lemon juice (or lime juice) in a bowl. Mix well. Marinate for 1 hour in the refrigerator in a ziploc bag or bowl with a lid.
Step 2: Add chicken to skewers
Place the tandoori kebabs in the air fryer and cook at 370 degrees for 15 minutes. Flip over the skewers and cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until the chicken is done.
Step 3: Serve
Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and serve with naan bread, rice, or cauliflower rice. Enjoy!
Variations for Tandoori Chicken Kebabs
- For spicy yogurt, add in some red pepper flakes or a dash or two of cayenne pepper.
- If you love onions, add a few slices of red onion and add to the yogurt marinade mixture.
- Add a little bit of extra chili powder to the yogurt sauce for a more robust flavor.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to use chicken thighs?
No, you can swap the chicken thighs for chicken breast or chicken tender. The breast and tenders tend to be a little drier than the thighs, so keep that in mind.
What do I do if the skewers don’t fit in my air fryer?
Unless you have a really large air fryer, odds are the wooden skewers won’t fit. I recommend cutting them with some kitchen shearers for best result. Because you will need to cut them (most likely) I don’t recommend metal skewers.
What goes good with tandoori chicken?
- Naan bread
- Rice or coconut rice
- Extra yogurt sauce (make a separate batch than what you marinated the chicken in)
- Cucumber salad
How long do tandoori chicken kebabs last?
Place any of the leftover tandoori chicken kebabs in a sealed container after they have cooled. They will last in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat in air fryer for 5-8 minutes at 370 degrees.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Lobster Tails
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos
- Reuben Sandwich
- Air Fryer Pizza with Premade Crust
Tandoori Chicken Kebab Recipe
- 2 pounds chicken thighs cut into bite sized pieces
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt plain
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice fresh squeezed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ginger paste
- 2 teaspoons paprika sweet or smoked
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro
- Combine pieces of chicken, yogurt, spices, garlic, and lemon juice in a bowl. Mix well. Marinate chicken for 1 hour in the fridge.
- Add chicken to skewers and place in basket of air fryer. (you may need to cut down skewers so they fit)
- Cook the tandoori chicken skewers for 15 minutes at 370 degrees. Flip and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Repeat until all kebabs are cooked.
- Add chopped cilantro as a garnish and serve.