Juicy Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Legs are tender, flavorful and the meat practically falls off the bone. Covered in a Crown Royal Barbecue sauce it’s utterly delicious.
Air fryer drumsticks are seriously so simple and will have you licking your fingers with delight. The chicken legs are always tender and oozing juice!
Cooking food in an air fryer is a game-changer. It’s fast, efficient, and produces incredible food. Try my Air Fryer Lobster, Air Fryer Reuben Sandwich Recipe or Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos for more inspiration.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s FAST!
- Great for families or feeding crowds
- Easy to customize
- Air fryer bbq chicken legs are going to be your new favorite dish
- Makes great leftovers
Cooking air fryer chicken drumsticks is so EASY! You won’t believe how quickly they cook and how awesome they taste.
What makes these the Best Chicken Drumsticks is the fact that I added a shot of Crown Royal Whiskey to the BBQ sauce. Ya’ll it’s DEVINE! I love chicken drumsticks pretty much no matter how they are made, but adding that whiskey took them to an entirely new level of incredible.
You literally only need 4 ingredients to make these insanely good air fryer chicken legs. You won’t believe how quick and easy they are! Let’s talk about the ingredients needed:
- Chicken Drumsticks
- Barbecue Sauce (I used Head Country)
- Crown Royal Whiskey
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
You can have this air fryer drumsticks recipe ready in under 30 minutes. Great for busy weeknights when you don’t have a lot of time to devote to cooking. Here is how to air fryer chicken drumsticks:
Step One: Place chicken legs in a bowl. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
Step Two: Combine the barbecue sauce and Crown Royal whiskey together. Stir and pour over chicken drumsticks.
Step Three: Place the chicken in the air fryer and turn the heat to 400 degrees.
Step Four: Cook for 10 minutes. Turn the barbecue chicken and add more sauce as desired. Cook for 10 more minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Allow the air fryer bbq chicken legs to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
After the cooked air fryer bbq chicken legs have cooled, place them inside of an airtight container. They will last in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
NOTE: These air fryer chicken legs are fantastic for meal prepping. Add them to a food storage container and add some roasted veggies for an easy lunch.
As usual, you can add all sorts of ingredients and make adjustments to fit your desires and needs. Here are my favorite adjustments:
- Chicken Breasts: If you aren’t a fan of chicken legs, you can make air fryer chicken breasts with the same recipe. Cut the cooking time by 2 minutes and be sure to flip them halfway through.
- Chicken Wings: Try out wings with the same recipe and you can’t help but drool when you bite into them! Trust me they are that incredible.
- Seasonings: Add a teaspoon of garlic salt, onion salt, Cajun seasoning, or anything else that you love. I think they are great with just salt and pepper, but you may want to add some extra pizzazz.
Can I Use Another Kind of Whiskey?
Yes, any kind of whiskey you have on hand or enjoy will work great. We love Crown Royal so almost always have it on hand. After you get done with the bottle be sure to turn it into an Awesome Soap Dispenser too.
What Do I Serve With Chicken Legs?
I serve all kinds of things with these air fryer chicken drumsticks. Here are a few ideas that I think you may enjoy as well.
- French Fries: You can go simple and just bake some french fries in the oven. Any variety would be great! Waffle fries and sweet potato fries are our favorites.
- Salad: Any kind of salad would be great. We often serve my Strawberry Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing.
- Roasted Veggies: You can never go wrong with serving roasted vegetables. They give you some nutrients and taste great too.
📚 Helpful Supplies
Here are some of my go-to kitchen appliances and tools that I LOVE.
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
More Delicious Recipes
After trying these air fryer bbq chicken legs you aren’t going to want to miss out on these terrific meal ideas. Take a peek for more inspiration:
- Ultimate Grilled Chicken Wrap With Strawberries, Bacon, and Parmesan
- Drool-Worthy Beer Cheese Dip
- Warm Bacon Cream Cheese Dip
- Zesty Fresh Cucumber Salsa
- Lemon Butter Chicken
💘💘💘 If you tried this recipe or any other, please leave us 5 Stars in the recipe card below. Check us out on Facebook or join my Facebook Group for fun giveaways. Also, be sure to follow me on Pinterest too!
Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Legs
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1 cup barbecue sauce any variety
- 3 ounces crown royal whiskey
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Place chicken legs in a bowl and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add barbecue sauce and whiskey to chicken and stir until mixed well.
- Heat the air fryer to 400 degrees F. Spray olive oil to basket and add chicken drumsticks.
- Cook for 10 minutes, turn and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Check the internal temperature and remove when it's between 160 – 165 degrees F. Let the air fryer chicken drumsticks rest for 10 minutes then serve.