Air Fryer Bratwurst cook up in under 15 minutes and are incredibly juicy! Topped with all your favorites, enjoy an air fryer brat tonight!
Air Fryer Bratwurst
Looking for an easier way to enjoy delicious bratwurst? Try cooking them in an air fryer! Brats in the air fryer yield juicy, flavorful sausages with a crispy exterior. Perfect for a quick and easy weeknight meal or a fun game-day snack. Give it a try and taste the difference!
Why You’ll Love Air Fried Brats
- No oil or other ingredients needed
- They cook fast and evenly
- Great for busy nights
- Perfect for entertaining
- Minimal cleanup
- Easy last-minute dinner idea
How To Cook Brats In Air Fryer
Place the raw brats in the air fryer basket. Cook at 350 degrees F. for 8 minutes, flip and cook an additional 6-8 minutes. Check their temperature with a meat thermometer and remove them when they reach 160 degrees F.
Air Fryer Brats Tips & Tricks
- Prick the brats before cooking: Use a fork to poke a few holes in the bratwurst before cooking. This will allow the steam to escape and prevent the brats from bursting or splitting.
- Preheat the air fryer: Preheating the air fryer for a few minutes before cooking will help ensure that the brats cook evenly and have a crispy exterior.
- Cook in batches: It’s best not to overcrowd the air fryer basket when cooking brats. Cook them in batches to ensure that they have enough space to cook evenly and to avoid any overlap.
- Check for doneness: Use a meat thermometer to ensure that the internal temperature of the brats has reached 160°F (71°C), the minimum safe temperature for pork.
- Rest the brats: Once the brats are cooked, remove them from the air fryer and let them rest for a few minutes before serving. This will help the juices redistribute and make for a more flavorful bratwurst.
Air Fryer Bratwurst FAQs
What toppings taste good on brats?
- Sauerkraut: This fermented cabbage dish is a classic topping for brats, providing a tangy and slightly sour flavor that complements the richness of the sausage.
- Mustard: Yellow or brown mustard is a common condiment to serve with brats, providing a tangy and slightly spicy flavor that cuts through the richness of the meat.
- Onions: Sautéed or caramelized onions are a popular topping for brats, providing a sweet and savory flavor that pairs well with the sausage.
- Peppers: Grilled or sautéed peppers, such as red or green bell peppers, can add a pop of color and a slightly sweet and smoky flavor.
- Cheese: Melted cheese, such as cheddar or Swiss, can add a creamy and savory flavor.
- Pickles: Sliced pickles, such as dill or bread and butter pickles, can add a refreshing and slightly tangy flavor to brats.
More Air Fryer Favorites
- Air Fryer Garlic Bread
- Waffle Fries In The Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks
- Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Pizza
Printable Recipe Card
Air Fryer Bratwurst
- 1 package raw brats any variety
- To cook bratwurst in an air fryer, start by placing the raw sausages in the basket of the air fryer. Cook them at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 8 minutes, then flip them over and cook for an additional 6 to 8 minutes. To ensure that they are fully cooked, use a meat thermometer to check that the internal temperature of the brats has reached 160 degrees Fahrenheit before removing them from the air fryer.