Snickers Cake is an ultra rich and decadent dessert for any occasion. Made with a dark chocolate cake, caramel syrup, chopped Snickers bars, whipped cream with caramel, and chocolate sauce on top to finish it off.
- Why You’ll Love Snickers Poke Cake
- How To Make Snickers Cake
- Expert Tips
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Snickers Cake Recipe (Poke Cake)
Snickers Poke Cake has been around for a long time and it’s become one of our favorite desserts. Take it to barbecues, serve it at picnics, or take it with you to dinner at a friends house. It goes with everything!
Why You’ll Love Snickers Poke Cake
- Decadent & irresistible
- Family friendly
- Party and potluck favorite
- Easy recipe
- Impressive for events
How To Make Snickers Cake
Step 1: Prep the cake
Follow the directions on the back of the cake mix and prepare the cake. Bake until done and remove from the oven.
Step 2: Add caramel syrup
Take a wooden spoon, fork or wooden skewer and poke holes all over the cake. Pour caramel syrup all over the cake so it can seep into the cake. Let the cake cool completely.
Step 3: Prepare whipped cream
Combine the cut up Snickers bars and thawed whipped cream together. Spread on top of completely cooled cake.
Step 4: Add toppings and devour
Drizzle with caramel topping and hot fudge topping. Add some chopped Snickers bars on top. Serve and enjoy!
- It’s very sweet. This isn’t a diet friendly cake! So, keep that in mind before you eat a piece. It’s very rich and sweet, so you can certainly cut back on the sugar if desired. You could use sugar free cake, sugar free caramel and sugar free chocolate to keep it more diet friendly.
- Don’t over bake. If you bake the cake too long it’s going to dry out. Check it and when a toothpick can be inserted and comes out clean it’s done.
- Swap the candy bars. You can easily swap the Snickers for Heath, M&M’s, Butterfingers, or any other candy bar you like. Go wild!
Frequently Asked Questions
How long will this Snickers cake last?
Snicker’s poke cake will last up to 4 days in the fridge. Be sure to keep it in a sealed airtight container and away from strong smelling food. It should be kept cold whenever you aren’t serving it.
What will happen if I add the whipped topping too early?
If you don’t wait for the poke cake to cool, the whipped topping is going to melt. This will make the Snicker’s cake look bad and it won’t be as flavorful.
Do I have to use store bought whipped cream?
No, you can make homemade whipped cream if you want! You are going to need 8 ounces for the this Snickers cake. Check out this video I found to make your own whipped cream.
Snickers Cake Recipe (Poke Cake)
- 1 box dark chocolate cake mix plus, ingredients on box
- 2 Snickers Bars chopped
- 1 cup caramel syrup
- caramel sauce to taste
- hot fudge to taste
- 8 ounces whipped cream thawed
- Prepare the cake according to the directions on the box.
- Poke holes all over the baked cake as soon as it comes out of the oven. Drizzle with caramel syrup. Let cool completely.
- Combine the chopped Snickers and whipped topping in a bowl. Add to the cooled cake.
- Sprinkle with more chopped candy and drizzle with hot fudge and caramel sauce.
- Refrigerate until cold, serve, and enjoy!