This chef salad recipe is filled with fresh flavors combining greens, ham, turkey, cheese, tomatoes, eggs, onions, croutons, and dressing!
Making a big fresh salad is one of my favorite summertime treats! Adding lots of flavorful ingredients keeps it tasting good and adds lots of nutrients to your diet.
Why You’ll Love This Chef Salad
- Lettuce – I like to use green lettuce, but any variety works.
- Colby Jack Cheese – You can swap it for mozzarella or any other cheese you enjoy!
- Cheddar Cheese – Pepper Jack or Provolone would also be great to try out!
- Cucumber – Slice them into thin pieces. It’s fine to remove or leave skin.
- Tomatoes – Grape or cherry are our favorites.
- Hard-boiled eggs – Slice the eggs or chop them.
- Meat – We like a combination of turkey and ham, but chicken is also a great option.
- Red onion – If you don’t like red onion, omit or swap with green onions instead.
- Croutons – Don’t add until you are ready to serve or they will become mushy.
- Bacon crumbles – Add crispy bacon for some added saltiness! Or omit if you’d rather.
- Dressing – Thousand Island or Ranch are our favorite, but anything works.
How to Make A Chef Salad
Step 1: Chop Greens
Using whatever variety of greens you want, chop them into bite-sized pieces and add to a large salad bowl.
Step 2: Add Cheese & Meats
Top the lettuce with ham, turkey, cheddar and colby jack cheese.
Step 3: Spinkle with Veggies
Add cucumber slices, tomatoes, red onions, croutons, bacon, and hard boiled eggs.
Step 4: Drizzle with Dressing
Drizzle the cobb salad with your favorite dressing and toss. Serve and Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
• Bell peppers
Store the salad in the fridge for up to 4 days. Don’t add dressing until you are ready to serve and keep in an airtight container.
Any dressing you like will work. We usually use Thousand Island or Ranch, but really anything you enjoy works. There are no wrong answers!
Easy Chef Salad
- 4-6 cups lettuce chopped
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese cubed
- 4 ounces colby jack cubed
- 4 ounces turkey cubed
- 4 ounces ham cubed
- 1 cup tomatoes
- 2 medium cucumbers sliced or diced
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 1/4 red onion chopped
- 3 slices bacon cooked and crumbled, optional
- 1/2 cup croutons optional
- 1 cup dressing Thousand Island or Ranch
- Using whatever variety of greens you want, chop them into bite-sized pieces and add to a large salad bowl.
- Top the lettuce with ham, turkey, cheddar and colby jack cheese.
- Add cucumber slices, tomatoes, red onions, croutons, bacon, and hard boiled eggs.
- Drizzle the cobb salad with your favorite dressing and toss. Serve and Enjoy!
- Pepper Jack
- Bell Peppers