This Cherry Spritzer is a non-alcoholic and refreshing drink made with tart cherries, sparkling water, mandarin oranges, orange zest, mint, and fresh ginger! Enjoy a cherry orange spritzer at the end of a long day or when entertaining guests.
- Why You’ll Love Cherry Spritzer
- Ingredients Needed
- How to Make Cherry Spritzer
- Tips & Tricks
- Frequently Asked Questions
- More Recipes You’ll Love
- Printable Recipe Card
- Cherry Orange Spritzer Recipe
Wine spritzers are among my favorite drinks, although it’s always great to have a non-boozy option too. This Cherry Spritzer may not contain any sparkling wine, but it still packs a ton of sip-worthy flavors!
If you love non-alcoholic and refreshing fruity drinks, try my Instant Pot Pineapple Blueberry Fruit Infused Water Recipe and my Dragon Fruit Smoothie – so delicious!
Why You’ll Love Cherry Spritzer
- Easy and delicious
- Great for parties and other special occasions
- Ideal for those who don’t drink alcohol
- Easily Customizable
- Sparkling Water
- Mandarin Oranges
- Mandarin Orange Zest
- Fresh Ginger
- Ice cubes
How to Make Cherry Spritzer
Step 1: Divide the cherries between the glasses and then crush several of those cherries in a pestle or with the back of a spoon.
Step 2: Add ½ teaspoon of fresh orange zest into each glass (you only need to zest one mandarin for this).
Step 3: Squeeze the juice from the mandarin oranges and divide it between the two glasses.
Step 4: Pour 1 1/2 cups of sparkling water into each glass and stir.
Step 5: Add a few ice cubes per glass and garnish with 1-2 mint leaves.
Step 6: Serve immediately and enjoy!
Tips & Tricks
- Turn this non-boozy cherry spritzer into a delicious cocktail by adding about 3 ounces of chilled white wine into each glass.
- Swap the tart cherries for other fruit, such as raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, or blueberries.
- Use regular oranges instead of Mandarins, although Mandarins provide more sweetness which helps to balance the tart cherry flavor.
- Wet the rim of your glasses and coat them in a coarse sugar mixture (either plain or colored with pink or red food coloring) for a fun and vibrant presentation.
- These cherry spritzers should be served immediately after being assembled; otherwise, the sparkling water will start to lose its fizz, and the ice cubes will melt.
- Serve these spritzers in regular drinking glasses or mason jars for some fun!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Store Leftover Cherry Spritzers?
I don’t recommend storing these spritzers as the sparkling water will lose fizz, and the melted ice cubes will dilute the drinks’ flavors. If you have to store leftovers, remove any ice cubes and place the drink in the fridge, covered, for no more than a day.
Can I Add Alcohol to This Cherry Spritzer Recipe?
While I’ve opted to make this drink without alcohol, you can add sparkling wine to each glass for a boozy version. You should reduce the amount of sparkling water added to each glass when you include alcohol.
When Should I Serve Cherry Orange Spritzers?
These refreshing cherry spritzers are great for special occasions, parties, and holidays. They also make perfect non-alcoholic drinks for baby showers or whenever catering to guests who don’t drink alcohol.
Should I Use Fresh or Frozen Cherries?
You can use fresh or frozen cherries for this cherry orange spritzer recipe, although I love using frozen cherries as they add a refreshing chill to the drink (crushed or whole), and you can always have a supply of frozen cherries on hand to make these drinks.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Berry White Wine Spritzer Recipe
- Boozy Strawberry Watermelon Drink Recipe
- Slushy Pineapple Rum Drink Recipe
Printable Recipe Card
Cherry Orange Spritzer Recipe
- 3 cups sparkling water
- 1/2 cup tart cherries frozen or fresh
- 3 mandarin oranges
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- mint for garnish
- ice cubes
- Divide the cherries between the glasses and then crush several of those cherries in a pestle or with the back of a spoon.
- Add ½ teaspoon of fresh orange zest into each glass (you only need to zest one mandarin for this).
- Squeeze the juice from the mandarin oranges and divide it between the two glasses.
- Pour 1 ½ cups of sparkling water into each glass and stir.
- Add a few ice cubes per glass and garnish with 1-2 mint leaves.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!