Buttery Parmesan Green Beans are flavorful, easy, and a family favorite! Baked green beans that are tender crisp and seasoned with salt, pepper, parmesan, and garlic.
- Why You’ll Love Parmesan Green Beans
- How To Make Roasted Fresh Green Beans
- Baked Green Beans Expert Tips
- Frequently Asked Questions
- More Tasty Recipes
- Roasted Parmesan Green Beans
While there isn’t anything wrong with frozen or canned green beans, I am partial to fresh green beans. I love the way they taste and they add a vibrant freshness to our meal.
These roasted green beans with parmsean go well with my Roasted Mini Potatoes, Air Fryer Lobster Tails, and Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Legs! They also taste fantastic with my Little Cheddar Meatloaves too. YUM!
Why You’ll Love Parmesan Green Beans
- Fast & easy!
- Even kids will eat them. 🙂
- Great for holidays and get togethers
How To Make Roasted Fresh Green Beans
Step 1: Prepare the green beans
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Melt butter (or use olive oil) and place green beans in a casserole dish. Sprinkle with minced garlic and drizzle with butter.
Step 2: Season and stir
Season with salt and pepper and stir well.
Step 3: Bake & add cheese
Roast green beans for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
Baked Green Beans Expert Tips
- Swap the butter. It’s fine to exchange the melted butter for olive or avocado oil. If you want to cut back on the amount of butter that is also okay.
- Use different cheese. I LOVE parmesan green beans, but you can certainly use cheddar, mozzarella or anything else you like.
- Go wild with seasonings. Typically, I season baked garlic green beans with salt and pepper. However, you could also use Italian seasoning, garlic powder, or onion powder too. Try out a variety of seasonings to see what you like best.
- Bacon, Bacon, Bacon! Nothing wrong with adding a few pieces of cooked and crumbled bacon. Irresistible!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I add herbs to parmesan green beans?
Yes, of course! Add some fresh chopped chives, green onions, oregano, mint, parsley or thyme to the cheesy baked green beans.
What else can I add to roasted green beans with parmesan?
Add a dash of balsamic vinegar, red pepper flakes, or and a drizzle of lemon juice. For an added crunch, sprinkle with some slivered almonds.
How do you store leftover baked green beans?
After they cool down all the way, place them in a sealed food container. Refrigerate for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave, air fryer, or oven.
More Tasty Recipes
Roasted Parmesan Green Beans
- 1 pound green beans fresh
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons garlic minced, (add more if desired)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place green beans in casserole dish. Sprinkle in garlic, melted butter, salt and pepper.
- Roast for 15 minutes, stir, and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Cook for an additional 5 minutes. Serve immediatly.