French Bread Pizza is crispy and topped with fresh mozzarella, shredded mozzarella, cheddar, parmesan cheese, and pepperoni!
Anything involving pizza is bound to get my attention. I came across a TikTok video the other day with Italian bread, and I decided to put my own spin on it. And it turned out INSANELY good!
Why You’ll Love French Bread Pizza
- 30 minute meal
- Kid and adult friendly
- Pizza sauce or marinara
- French bread
- Butter or olive oil
- Italian seasonings
- Parmesan cheese
- Fresh mozzarella cheese
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- Pizza toppings of your choice
- Parsley or oregano
How to make French Bread Pizza
Step 1: Make garlic butter sauce
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Combine melted butter (or olive oil), parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, and fresh chopped parsley in a bowl.
Step 2: Prepare the bread
Cut the bread in half horizontally. Place the butter mixture onto each half of the bread.
Note: You can use my homemade garlic herb butter in place of the garlic mixture, but be sure to add parmesan cheese on top!
Step 3: Bake
Bake the bread for 5 minutes to give it a lightly toasted appearance.
Step 4: Add toppings
Add the cheese and any toppings you want. Bake for 10 minutes, then broil for 3-5 minutes or until cheese slightly browns. Serve and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
Nope! You can stick with low moisture shredded mozzarella if you’d rather. We love the extra flavor it gives and makes it more like a pizzeria instead of traditional pizza.
Yes, but you will need to cut the bread, so it fits in your air fryer before cooking. You’ll also need to work in batches.
Anything you like, really! We went with traditional pepperoni pizza, but you can add all sorts of things. Hamburger, pork sausage, Italian sausage, onions, peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, and the list goes on and on!
More Easy Recipes
- Air Fryer Filet Mignon
- Macaroni and Cheese with Shells
- Layered Enchilada Casserole
- Buffalo Ranch Chicken Sandwich
French Bread Pizza
- 1 loaf french bread or italian bread
- 1 cup marinara sauce or pizza sauce
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 6-8 ounces fresh mozzarella
- 1/2 cup mozzarella shredded
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- toppings of your choice
- parsley or oregano for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Combine melted butter (or olive oil), parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, and fresh chopped parsley in a bowl.
- Cut the bread in half horizontally. Place the butter mixture onto each half of the bread.
- Bake the bread for 5 minutes to give it a lightly toasted appearance.
- Add the cheese and any toppings you want. Bake for 10 minutes, then broil for 3-5 minutes or until cheese slightly browns. Serve and enjoy!
- Adjust the kinds of cheese you use.
- Feel free to add more or less garlic.
Air Fryer French Bread Pizza Directions
- Cut french bread pizza to fit in your air fryer. Add butter to the bread and cook for 5 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Add toppings and cook for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese has melted and started to brown. Keep in mind some toppings may fly off as you are cooking.